Q. I have read in one of your messages that we should not be susceptible to emotional injuries that others might inflict upon us or emotional influence that others might try to wield on us. How to grow into such a state?
A. 1. Try to see Krishna in them and in everybody.
2. Accept all the happenings around you as His divine plays.
3. Put yourself in the other person’s shoes and think how you would act.
4. Act with wisdom/discrimination (‘viveka’) always.
5. Whenever you are emotional, refrain from taking any critical decisions. Allow yourself to calm down before taking any decision.
6. Whenever you take decisions, ensure that the decision is driven by the brain and not by the heart. If the latter comes into play, it ends up in a mess.
7. Control your emotions through asanas and simple breathing exercises.
8. Be cheerful always and always remember that the sky is your limit. Small incidents in your day to day life should not affect your cheerfulness.
Q. How can I best express my love for God?
A. When a person has wealth, he is ready to share it with his kids alone and none others. So he tries his best to acquire as much wealth as possible. In the same manner, a knowledgeable person is not ready to share his rare knowledge with one and all.
In the same manner, if one is ready to share his love with the Lord, and the Lord alone, and no one else, then his bhakti grows day by day. We should not let our love to be scattered in different directions. Love has to be carefully accumulated, saved and offered only to the Lord; no one else.
For more such answers by Sri Swamiji, or to ask a question of your own, please visit the Nama Dwaar website at www.namadwaar.org.