This month’s Divya Desam Quiz is on the holy Tirutthanka kshetra, also known as Tupul. Read on to learn more about it.
This is our final quiz in the Divya Desam series. We will begin a new Kids’ Quiz series from next month onwards.
1. Name the Perumal who is worshipped in Tiruththanka Divyadesam:
A. Jagannatha Perumal
B. DeepaPrakasa Perumal
C. Bhakta Vatsala Perumal
2. What is the another name for this deity?
A. Vilakkoli Perumal
B. Varadaraja Perumal
C. Parthasarathy Perumal
3. Which great Vaishnava Acharya was born in this Tirutthanka divya desam?
A. Sri Adi Shankara
B. Sri Ramanuja
C. Sri Vedanta Desikan
4. Name the Azhwar who has sung pasurams on Tirutthanka Divyadesam.
A. Tirumangai Azhwar
B. Tondaradipodi Azhwar
C. Tiruppan Azhwar
5. Name the famous temple town where Tirutthanka Divyadesam is located:
6. What is the name of the Thaayaar of Tirtthanka Divyadesam?
A. Komalavalli Thaayar
B. Maragathavalli Thaayar
C. Kodai Nachiyar
7. Name the plant that grows wildly in this Divyadesam:
A. Tulasi Plant
B. Darbha Grass [Kusha Grass]
C. Arugampul [Bermuda Grass]
8. According to the sthala purana (ancient history of this kshetra), Lord Vishnu appeared as a streak of bright light to this deity, to help complete a yagna.
A. Lord Shiva
B. Lord Indra
C. Lord Brahma
9. In which posture is the Lord worshiped in this Tirutthanka Divyadesam?
10. How many Pasurams have been composed on this Tirutthanka Divyadesam?
11. What is the name of the temple tank [Pushkarini] of this divyadesam?
A. Lakshmi Pushkarini
B. Saraswati Tirtham
C. Kshirabtha Pushkarini
Compiled by Ramya Srinivasan San Jose CA
1-B, 2-A, 3-C, 4-A, 5-B, 6-B, 7-B, 8-C, 9-A, 10-B, 11-B