1. This demon could become a buffalo at will.
2. Sanskrit terms for ghosts.
3. This demoness disguised as a beautiful woman to kill Krishna.
4. The story of this ghost’s emancipation by listening to Bhagavatam is told in Srimad Bhagavata Mahatmyam from Padma Purana.
5. The smart vampire carried by King Vikramaditya.
6. The spirit that rose from Shiva’s hair and destroyed Daksha’s yagna.
7. Spirit-beings who are subjects of Kubera.
8. Younger brother of Putana and Bakasura.
9. First demon(ess) to be killed by Rama.
10. This God is said to be the Lord of ghosts.
11. Donkey-demon killed by Balarama.
12. This god came in the form of a Yaksha and questioned Yudhishthira, during the Pandavas’ exile.
13. One name that scares away all malevolent ghosts, spirits and other beings.
Compiled by Ramya Srinivasan, San Jose CA
Answers: 1-Mahishasura, 2-Bhuta or Preta, 3-Putana, 4-Dhundukari, 5-Betaal, 6-Veerabhadra, 7-Yakshas, 8-Aghasura, 9-Tadaka, 10-Lord Shiva, 11-Dhenukasura, 12-Yama Dharmaraja, 13-Rama