Akshaya Trithiyai is a very auspicious day in the Indian calendar. It is said anything started or performed on this day will grow; that charitable acts and spiritual practices performed on this day will bring infinite merits. This day also has many ancient stories associated with it. Come, let’s learn more about this interesting day:
1. It was on this day that Lord Krishna blessed ______ with boundless wealth.
2. Name the avatara born on Akshaya Trithiyai.
3. What does the term ‘Akshaya’ connote?
4. On this day, Adi Shankara recited this stotram in front of a poor woman’s house when he stopped there for bhiksha:
A. Ganesha pancharatnam
C. Sri Jagannatha Ashtakam
5. In which state in India does the construction of the famous chariots of Puri Temple begin on this day of Akshaya Trithiyai?
B. West Bengal
C. Madhya Pradesh
6. The scribing of which great epic was commenced by Lord Ganesha on this day?
B. Bhagavad Gita
7. Which Yuga began on Akshaya Trithiyai?
A. Dwapara Yuga
B. Kali Yuga
C. Treta Yuga
8. Name the river that descended to the earth from heaven on this day:
9. In which Indian month is Akshaya Trithiyai celebrated?
10. Who received the Akshaya Patram from on the day of Akshaya Trithiyai?
11. What day of the lunar month is Akshaya Trithiyai?
A. 3rd day of bright half of lunar month
B. 4th day of bright half of lunar month
C. 5th day of bright half of lunar month
12. Name the god who prayed to Goddess Lakshmi on the day of Akshaya Trithiyai:
A. Lord Indra
B. Lord Kubera
C. Lord Vayu
Ramya Srinivasan, San Jose, CA
1-B, 2-C, 3-A, 4-B, 5-A, 6-C, 7-C, 8-B, 9-B, 10-B, 11-A, 12-B