Who was the first woman minister of Independent India?
A. Rajkumari Amrit Kaur
B. Indra Gandhi
C. Sarojini Naidu
2. What is the sequence of the colors of the Indian National flag from the top?
White, green and saffron
Saffron, white and green
Green, saffron and white
3. The navy blue wheel in the Indian flag represents
A. The wheel of Krishna
B. The wheel of law
C. The wheel of Rama
4. India’s National Anthem was composed by
5. Who is known as the “Father of the Indian Nation”?
Netaji Subash Chandra Bose
Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi
6. Name the National animal, bird, flower and fruit of India
Lion, Pigeon, Rose and Apple
Tiger, Peacock, Lotus and Mango
Elephant, Peacock, Lotus and Orange
7. When is Indian Independence day celebrated?
15th August 1947
26th August 1947
15th September 1947
8. She is fondly called as the “Nightingale of India”
Compiled by Ramya Srinivasan,
San Jose, CA
Answers: 1-A, 2-B, 3-B, 4-B, 5-C, 6-B, 7-A, 8-A