This month’s quiz is based on Daskshineshwar Kali Temple, a holy temple, revered by everyone, located in West Bengal, India.1. In which state in India is Dakshineshwar located?
B. West Bengal
2. On which river bank is Dakshineshwar temple located?
3. Name the presiding deity in Dakshineshwar temple.
4. Name the great Mahatma who spent most of his life in this temple.
A. Sri Bhadrachalam Ramadas
B. Sri Ramana Maharishi
C. Sri Ramakrishna Paramahamsa
5. Name the devotee of Sri Ramakrishna Paramahamsa who built the Kali temple.
A. Swami Vivekananda
B. Rani Rasmani
C. Swami Brahmananda
6.What is the name of the presiding delty Kali in Dakshineshwar temple?
7. Name the disciple of Sri Ramakrishna Paramahamsa who went to have the darshan
of Mother Kali three times to take care of the needs of his starving family.
A. Swami Brahmananda
B. Swami Premananda
8. Who was the brother of Sri Ramakrishna Paramahamsa who became the first priest
of Dakshineshwar Kali temple?
9. In which century was the Kali temple built?
A. 18th century
B. 19th century
C. 20th century
10. Apart from the sanctum sanctorum of Goddess Kali, what is the other significant
sanctum that devotees visit in Kali temple?
A. Sri Ramakrishna’s Room
B. Swami Vivekananda’s Room
C. Swami Brahmananda’s Room
11. In which architecture style was Kali temple constructed?
A. Kalinga architecture
B. Chalukya architecture
C. Nava ratna or Nine spires style of Bengal architecture
12. What are the other important deities that surround Mother Kali in the temple?
A.Twelve identical Shiva temples and a temple for Radha Krishna
B. Twelve identical Lakshmi temples
C. Twelve identical Rama temples
1-B, 2-B, 3-A, 4-C, 5-B, 6-B, 7-C, 8-A, 9-B, 10-A, 11-C, 12-A