We began a new quiz series based on famous temples and monuments in India from Jan’2018. The fourth in this series is on the Konark Temple. Happy answering and learning!
2. Name the God who is worshipped in Konark temple?
a. Moon God
b. Sun God
c. Wind God
3. Konark temple is considered as the ________ of Sun God.
4. The term ‘Kona’ refers to _________.
5. The term ‘Ark’ refers to _________.
6. Name the king who built the Konark temple.
7. Name the Indian temple architecture that is depicted in Konark temple.
a. Kalinga Architecture
b. Dravida and Nagara Architecture
c. Champa Architecture
8. How many horses are carved in the Konark temple and mounted on the gigantic
9. How many horses are used to pull the chariot of Sun God as seen in Konark
10. How many years did it take to build the Konark temple?
a. Ten Years
b. Twelve Years
c. Fifteen Years
11. Name the coast where Konark temple is located.
a. Indian Ocean
b. Bay Of Bengal
c. Arabian Sea
12. Konark Temple is known as one of the ___________________
a. World Heritage Site
b. World Rarest Site
c. World’s Seven Wonders
13. How many artisans were employed to build Konark temple?
14. The _____________ in Konark Temple were designed as sundials. They were used to find the time of the day very accurately.
15. What color were the stones that were predominantly used to build Konark temple?
Compiled by Ramya Srinivasan, San Jose CA
1 – b, 2 – b, 3 – a, 4 – b, 5 – c, 6 – c, 7 – a, 8 – b, 9 – c, 10 – b , 11 – b, 12 – a, 13 – a, 14 – b, 15 – c