Margazhi is an auspicious month that falls during Dec-Jan in the English calendar. Our scriptures say that spiritual activities performed during this month yields great fruit.
1. Name the Lord who said that he is indeed “Margazhi” among the months.
A. Lord Shiva
B. Lord Krishna
C. Lord Rama
2. Which Azhwar is worshipped specially during the month of Margazhi?
B. Thirumangai Azhwar
C. Thiruppan Azhwar
3. Which part of the day does the Margazhi month signify for the Devas?
C. Early Morning
4. One year on the Earth is equivalent to how many celestial days for the Devas?
A. One Day
B. Two Days
C. Three Days
5. What is another name for ‘Margazhi’?
6. People in South India, commemorate the birth-day of this ardent devotee of Lord Rama during the month of Margazhi
7. Name the most auspicious Ekadasi day that falls during the month of Margazhi
A. Vaikunta Ekadasi
B. Ashada Ekadasi
C. Bhishma Ekadasi
8. In which direction does the Sun starts to move at the end of Margazhi month?
9. Which of the following is specially rendered every morning during the month of Margazhi?
C. Vishnu Sahasranamam
10. Name the form of Lord Shiva who is represented in ‘Ardhra Dance ’that is celebrated in Margazhi month
C. Shiva Linga
Ramya Srinivasan, San Jose CA
1-B, 2-A , 3-C, 4-A, 5-B, 6-C, 7-A , 8– B, 9-B, 10-B