1. Ratha Saptami marks the beginning of this season.
2. What does Ratha Sapthami symbolize?
A. Marks the seventh day of Sun’s southern direction movement
B. Marks the seventh day of Sun’s northern direction movement
C. Marks the seventh day of Sun’s eastern direction movement
3. Who shed his mortal coil on the day following Ratha Saptami?
4. What is this day generally referred as?
B. Drona paksha
5. Which god is worshipped on the day of Ratha Saptami?
A. Lord Rama
B. Lord Surya
C. Lord Shiva
6. In which form is the Sun God worshipped on the day of Ratha Saptami?
A. Lord Surya riding his chariot with seven horses
B. Lord Surya riding his chariot with six horses
C. Lord Surya riding his chariot with two horses
7. What is Saptami?
A. Sixth day of the fortnight
B. Seventh day of the fortnight
C. Ninth day of the fortnight
Ramya Srinivasa, San Jose, CA
1-C, 2-B, 3-A, 4-C, 5-B, 6-A, 7-B