Sant Kabirdas was a great saint and poet who is said to have been born as a Muslim but who followed the path of Bhagavata Dharma (singing and listening to the glories of the Lord). Sant Kabirdas has many followers even today and his poems and songs are very popular. His birthday falls this year on June 23, 2013. Let us reminisce his life with a quiz.
1. In which state in India, was Sant Kabirdas born?
B. Uttar Pradesh
C. West Bengal
2. Name the path that was advocated by Sant Kabirdas
B. Bhagavata Dharma
3. What was the name given to Sant Kabir’s poetic works?
4. Name the home town of Sant Kabirdas.
5. Name the Mahatma from whom Kabir got the initiation of Rama Nama
A. Sant Ramananda
B. Sant Jnaneshwar
C. Sant Tukkaram
6. On which river bank did Kabir get the initiation of Rama Nama?
7. In which month was Sant Kabir born?
8. What does the term ‘Kabir’ connote?
A. The Great
B. The Force
9. Name the occupation of Kabir’s parents
10. What does Kabir’s poetic works glorify?
A. Greatness of Rama Nama, Guru and Satsang
B. Greatness of Rama Nama and Guru
C. Greatness of Guru
11. Who were Kabir’s parents?
A. Jagannath Misra and Sachi Devi
B.Niru and Nima
C.Vishwanath Datta, Bhuvaneshwari Devi
Ramya Srinivasan, San Jose, CA
1-B, 2-B, 3-C, 4-B, 5-A, 6-B, 7-A, 8-A, 9-C, 10-A, 11-B