Sep 5 was celebrated as Teacher’s Day in India. Let’s see how much you know about the various teachers in our Puranas and Itihasas!
1. Name the teacher of Lord Rama
A. Sage Drona
B. Sage Vishwamitra
C. Sage Vasishtha
2. Who were Prahlada’s teachers in the Asura gurukulam?
A. Shukracharya and Brihaspati
B. Chanda and Amarka
C. Hiranyakashipu and Hiranyaksha
3. Name the ashram of the Guru where Lord Krishna got his education
C. Veda Vyasa
4. Name the person from whom Karna learned archery
5. This sage imparted knowledge to King Janaka
6. Name the teacher of Hanuman
7. Who was Ravana’s Guru?
A. Sage Shukracharya
B. Sage Angirasa
C. Sage Brihaspati
8. This Sage taught Lord Rama in his childhood to use the divine weapon mantras
A. Sage Vishwamitra
B. Sage Vasishta
C. Sage Shukacharya
Ramya Srinivasan, San Jose, CA
Answers: 1-C, 2-B, 3-B, 4-B, 5-C,6-C,7-A,8-A