Srimad Bhagavatam Satsang – New England

Date:  Sunday, 19 July 2009
Time:  10am – 1pm
Venue: Residence of Sri Narayanan Sathiamoorthy, Cambridge, MA
Event: Srimad Bhagavatam Satsang

Mrs. Mangalam Ramaswamy, an expert in Srimad Bhagavatam, had visited Boston area.  By Lord Sri Krishna’s and Sri Swamiji’s grace, a Bhagavatam satsang was arranged by New-England GOD satsang with her. The satsang started with the Mahamantra Chanting for about 30 min. Following this, after the recitation of the Bhagavata Dhyana Slokas by everyone, Mrs. Mangalam Ramaswamy led the parayan of the following portions from Srimad Bhagavatam.

1. Kunti Stuti
2. Bhishma Stuti
3. Druva Stuti
4. Prahlada Stuti
5. Gajendra Stuti
6. Rudra Geetam
7. Venu Geetam

All the 20 devotees were given the ‘Bhagavatam Sloka Sangraha’ that contained all the Stutis in Sanskrit and English.  The hall reverberated with the stutis, which all the devotees enthusiastically recited and followed.  Following this, Smt Mangalam Ramaswamy gave a discourse.

“Mind has a tendency to grasp things that are most beautiful and if we gave the thought of Lord Guruvayurappan to the mind, it would always dwell on Him because there is nothing in any of the worlds that is more beautiful, interesting and sweeter than Him.” Narrating the beautiful form of Lord Guruvayurappan, she mentioned that Srimad Bhagavatam verily the form of Him.

She also gave an interesting narration of Ajamila charitram highlighting the importance of Nama and Namakirtan in Kali Yuga. Many were close to tears listening to the wonderful exposition of the ‘Nama Vaibhava’ from Mrs. Mangalam.Towards the end, she said, that there could not have been a better way to have spent the morning of Dwadasi. Mahamantra kirtan, Srimad Bhagavata Parayan, the thought of Lord Guruvayurappan and Ajamila Charitra, which is Sri Sri Swamijis favorite example to highlight the importance of Namakirtan.

Eventually, she recounted the ‘anugraha’ of our Guru Maharaj His Holiness Maharanyam Sri Sri Muralidhara Swamiji and claimed that it was out of His sheer grace that, having come on a personal visit, she has been performing so many satsangs in the United States.  She also reminisced the numerous ‘Shatakrutus’ (Bhagavata Saptaha parayana with 108 gopikas) that she was blessed to lead, thanks to Sri Sri Swamiji’s blessing and encouragement.

The Satsang concluded with Sri Sri Swamijis kirtan Kaliyayum bali kollum and harati. Prasad was distributed to the devotees.

25 Responses to Srimad Bhagavatam Satsang – New England

1. brindu jagannathan says:

Iam from chennai, India…. I was browsing for Rudra geetham… Suddenly saw this article…So happy….that all important slokas of Bagavad geetha were recited by the Satsang..
    Can I also have these slokas for recitring at home… Please can u upload them and also sent me the link…If u cant do this also kindly sent me mail saying its not possible….Coz I will be waiting for ur reply…
    Thanx….
    Brindu

2. r.k.subramanian, annanagar, chennai 40 says:

with pleasure i noted that you enthusiastically informed all the devotees about the various stuthis in srimad bhagavatam. I am regularly doing chanting the rudra geetam several times every day. shall be much obliged if you can send to my e-mail about the other stuthis that you have conveyed. i know that all these stuthis are available in the text book of srimad bhagavatam. thanks and with pranams subramanian

• Sreejith.R says:

Hello
      Can You please send me rudra geetam or from where it can be obtained to my email address.Jai SreeKrishna.

• admin says:

Yes. Below is the details:
      1. Kunti Stuti : Canto 1; Chapter 8
      2. Bhishma Stuti: Canto 1; Chapter 9
      3. Druva Stuti : Canto 4; Chapter 9
      4. Prahlada Stuti: Canto 7; Chapter 9
      5. Gajendra Stuti: Canto 8; Chapter 3
      6. Rudra Geetam: Canto 4; Chapter 24
      7. Venu Geetam : Canto 10; Chapter 21

Hope this helps. Best regards!

3. Vijay says:

Could you please publish RudraGeetham in the website for bhakta’s to learn and recite. I would be only selfish if I’d ask to be send to my email, let all devotees of that parama pursa Sri Krishna, read, recite and benefit and hence the request for publication at this site.

4. Vidya says:

Hi,
    I was going through the net for ‘Rudra Geetam’, and in vain.
    I would be grateful if you could send me the hymn.

Jai Sri Ram

5. P.R.RAMASUBRAMANIAN says:

Hai
    Jai Radhe krishna
    Iwas going thru Rudra Geetham through net but I could not get, could you please help
    me to get rudra geetham in mp3 aswellas pdf in Malayalam please.

with lots of love and prayer
    sreeram

6. Sunder rajan says:

Can some one email rudra geetham to the mail Id given

7. r.k.subramanian says:

I find that many are asking for RUDRA GEETAM and where it is available. In this connection I would like to mention that it is available in the SRIMAD BHAGAVATAM text book – SKANDAM 4 – CHAPTER 24 – 33 TO 74 SLOKAS. With thanks and pranams

SUBRAMANIAN

8. sowjanya says:

kindly email me dhyana sloka for srimad bhagavatam, i want to start reading srimad bhagavatam

9. Ambika says:

Hello madam,
    Very happy see such activites taken place…I am a Guruvaurappan devotee.
    Could you also please mail me these list of Slokas…
    Thanks in advance

10. J,Ravi says:

Could you please mail me rudra geetham in .mp3 and pdf format

11. Rakesh Krishna says:

Namasthe, If possible, Could you please send me also all the slokas listed above ? Or else, atleast the Rudra Geetham?

12. mythili says:

Namaste. Pl mail if possible “Rudra Geetam”’ to my email.

13. S V Radhakrishnan says:

I shall thank you to e mail me Sanskrit PDF of Rudra Geetham and other sthuthis in srimad Bhaghavatham. Thanks Radhakrishnan Chennai

14. satish.C says:

Could you please mail me rudra geetham in .mp3 and pdf format

15. Satish.c says:

Could you please mail me rudra geetham in .mp3 i have mailed before also but you have not replied to my mail

16. Nav says:

Can please send me the following in English with Sanskrit:
    1. Kunti Stuti : Canto 1; Chapter 8
    2. Bhishma Stuti: Canto 1; Chapter 9
    3. Druva Stuti : Canto 4; Chapter 9
    4. Prahlada Stuti: Canto 7; Chapter 9
    5. Gajendra Stuti: Canto 8; Chapter 3
    6. Rudra Geetam: Canto 4; Chapter 24
    7. Venu Geetam : Canto 10; Chapter 21

17. V.Srinivasan Iyer says:

I have so far recorded Srimad Bgagavatam Dhyana Slokas,Kunthi Sthuthi,Bhismasthuthi
    Shukha Sthuthis,Chatusloki Bhagavatham,Devas Sthuthi, Brahmasthuthi, Varaha Sthuthi,GarbhaJanthu Sthuthi, Devahuthi Sthuthi, DruvaSthuthi,Dhara Sthuthi, and Rudra Geetham in MP3 totalling 18 Sthuthis and 59 mtsSthuthis of listening ti Sthuthisme and intend recording all other

18. V.Srinivasan Iyer says:

I intend recording all other Sthuthis and geethams including pancha geethams and Rasa Panchadyayams totalling around 5 hrs of listening time and release MP3 CD with printed Sanskrit ,English hard copies

19. Deepa says:

Can you please send me the sanskrit pdf of the stutis to my email.

20. Raghavan Srinivasan says: