The Unalloyed Devotion of Prahlada!
Learnings from Srimad Bhagavatam – 7
In the seventh canto of Srimad Bhagavatam, in answer to King Parikshith’s question requesting Sri Shuka to dispel his doubt whether Lord Narayana was partial (to the Devas) or impartial, Sri Shuka says: “… yad bhAgavata mAhAtmyaḿ bhagavad bhakti vardhanam…”
(The stories of great devotees [referring to Prahlada here] is a means of increasing devotion to the Lord).
The Guru is Always There!
Cherished Memoirs – 7
This series chronicles sweet experiences recounted by the devotees of HH Maharanyam Sri Sri Muralidhara Swamiji as well as certain divine experiences of Sri Swamiji himself. These articles are translations from the series “Madhuramaana Mahaneeyar” that is published every month in Madhuramurali Tamil monthly magazine, in India.
Click here to read about the Guru answered a cry for help by a devotee in a far off place..
Lord Panduranga – Pandharpur, Maharashtra
Madhura Geetam – Bharata Pradakshina – 7
His Holiness Maharanyam Sri Sri Muralidhara Swamiji has composed several hundreds of kirtans glorifying various deities and depicting different bhavas of a devotee – from praise and enjoyment, friendship and motherhood, to love and intense prayer. Sri Swamiji has also composed many kirtans on various kshetras or places of pilgrimage around India.
In this series, we will go on a pradakshina of Bharata desha as we present, each month, a kirtan composed by Sri Swamiji on a particular kshetra. This month’s kirtan is one composed on one of Sri Swamiji’s favorite deities – the great Lord Panduranga of Pandharpur – and relates how Panduranga brought Sri Swamiji to Him.
Click here to read more about this.
The Lord Fulfills a Devotee’s Duty
Sri Sadguru Swamigal was one of the great saints who glorified the path of devotion through Nama Sankirtan. Here is an interesting incident from his life.
Click here to read
Sri Sadguru Swamigal
Sri Sadguru Swamigal was a great Mahatma, and one who is counted in the Trinity of Nama Sankirtanam along with Sri Bhagavan Nama Bodhendral and Sri Sridhara Ayyaval. Take this quiz to learn more about the great saint.
Click here to take the quiz.
News of the month
- Madhura Utsav – Srimad Bhagavata Saptaha Mahotsav, 2013.
- Kirtan and Pravachan on ‘Bhakti Yoga’ at Nokomis Yoga, MN.
- Srimad Bhagavatam Initiation and an evening in introspection in Minneapolis.
- Srimad Bhagavata Mahotsav and Krishna Bhakti Samrajye.
- Bhakti Sankirtan at Amanae and Frequencies of Brilliance Center in the Twin Cities, MN.
- Rukmini Kalyanam at Hindu Temple of Minneapolis.
- Sangeetha Upanyasam and Divya Nama Sankirtan in Minneapolis, MN.
- ‘A Garland of Love-Aksharamanamalai’ Discourse at Bhaktananda Ashram, Seattle.
- Sri Ramanujamji’s visit to ‘The Center for Sacred Heart’, Seattle.
- Bhagavata Dharma Discourse series in Seattle.
- Radha Kalyanam in Seattle.
- Sri Swamiji’s 52nd Jayanthi Celebrations at Houston Namadwaar.
- Sri Swamiji’s Jayanthi Celebrations in Chicago, November 2013.
- Sri Swamiji’s 52nd Jayanthi Celebrations in Richmond, VA.
To subscribe to this monthly newsletter, email us at: email@example.com
To read earlier newsletter issues and interesting articles, please click here.