Pibare Rama Rasam
“Drink the sweet nectar of God’s Name,” urges every one of the great devotee composers of India. See what Sri Thyagaraja, Sri Bhadrachala Ramadas, Sri Annamacharya, Sri Purandara Dasa and many others sang and said about the Name… which was nothing but their own experience of it.
Click here to read the article.
Houston (US) Namadwaar Turns Three
With the Grace of Bhagavan Sri Krishna and the blessings of our Guru Maharaj HH Sri Sri Muralidhara Swamiji, the first Namadwaar outside of India was inaugurated open in the Houston area of USA on Feb 28, 2010, on the auspicious occasion of Sri Chaitanya Mahaprabhu’s jayanthi. Since that day, the “Hare Rama.. Hare Krishna” Mahamantra has been chanted every single day in this Namadwaar with prayers for the community, city and country, and for the hundreds of individual prayer requests that have been received.
Click here to read what a “Namadwaar” is, and about Houston Namadwaar.
The Power of Nama Sankirtan
All the scriptures of Sanatana Dharma strongly proclaim that in this Age of Kali, chanting the Divine Names of God (Nama Sankirtan) is the easiest way to attain God.
Wonder why Nama Kirtan? Click here to find out.
Sri Chaitanya Mahaprabhu
March 26, 2013 marks the jayanthi of Sri Chaitanya Mahaprabhu. Here is a brief life-sketch of this great saint who propagated the Mahamantra and Nama sankirtan, for kids and adults alike.
Click here to read about him.
Kids’ Quiz – Namadwaar Trivia
G.O.D. USA’s Namadwaar in Houston, TX is turning 3 years old. Let’s test your knowledge about the Namadwaar initiative and Namadwaars around the world.
Click here to take the quiz.
News of the month
** Sri Bhagyaji, personal secretary of Sri Swamiji, spoke on Timeless Wisdom of Ancient Scriptures on Minneapolis Public Radio (90.3 FM KFAI), on Feb 23. Click here to read the report.
** A Gopa Kuteeram Sloka Recital contest was held at Raleigh, NC on Feb 23.
Click here for report and pictures
San Antonio, TX
**Two special satsangs were held during February, at the residences of Smt. Aparna/Sri Vaidy and Smt. Rupa Iyer Read the report here.
** A Blood Drive was organized by Dallas GOD group on March 2 at Karya Siddhi Hanuman Temple in Frisco, TX Click here to read the report.
** Atlanta GOD celebrated Shivaratri with a satsang and a special Gopa Kuteeram session. Click here to read the report and see pictures.
** Atlanta GOD group also sang kirtans of Sri Swamiji at the Ahobilam Mutt in Atlanta. Click here to read the report and see pictures.
** 12-hour Akhanda Mahamantra Sankirtan was performed at Houston Namadwaar on Feb 1st & 2nd, Feb 15th & 16th, March 9th & 10th and March 15th, 16th & 17th.
** Traditional Treasures Spring Workshop was conducted for youth on March 11. Report and pics will be shared in the next issue.
** A special Vasanthothsavam was celebrated at Namadwaar on March 16. Report and pics will be shared in the next issue.
**Houston Namadwaar’s Third Anniversary Celebrations – March 28-31 Click here for entire schedule.
– Special commemoration program with Charitable Giving, Madhura Geetham concert, Bharatanatyam dance, Gopa Kuteeram performance on March 30, 2 PM – 4:30 PM at Namadwaar. All are welcome.
– Food and clothes drive for SEARCH Homeless Services currently going on – call 281-402-6585 to schedule pick-up before March 29
– Medical supplies drive for Houston Area Parkinson Society – donate online (before March 29) at http://www.godivinity.org/support-us/donations/ G.O.D. will match all contributions.
** Minneapolis, MN
– Mar 27, 7-8 PM – Mahamantra meditation & chanting series at Amanae & Frequency Brilliance Center. Contact: 612.345.6044
– April 1 & 2: Global Heritage Camp at Excelsior elementary School. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
** Milwaukee, WI
– Apr 20, 10 am-12 noon – Short Story contest for ages 3 to 15 at Pewaukee Public Library. Contact email@example.com
** Atlanta, GA
– April 23, 9 am – 12 noon – Akhanda Mahamantra Sankirtan. Contact: 404.788.7391.
** May 12 – “Heart of Love” – A music/dance fundraiser event in Dallas, TX. Stay tuned for more information.
To subscribe to this monthly newsletter, email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
To read earlier newsletter issues and interesting articles, please click here.