As we continue with the Panduranga bhakta series of quizzes, this month let’s learn more about a unique devotee of Panduranga – Sant Ekanath – who was a great Guru bhakta.
1. Which version of Ramayana was written by Sant Ekanath?
a. Adhyatma Ramayana
b. Bhavartha Ramayana
c. Champu Ramayana
2. Name the birthplace of Sant Ekanath
a. Dehu Road
3. Who was Sant Ekanath’s Guru?
a. Janardhana Swami
b. Sri Chaitanya Mahaprabhu
c. Sant Jnaneshwar
4. Sant Ekanath was revered by everyone for his ____________________.
5. Sant Ekanath was known for his ________________________________.
b. Selfless service to his Sadguru
6. Who was the Upasana Murthy for Sant Ekanath’s Guru?
a. Lord Ranganatha
b. Lord Panduranga
c. Lord Dattatreya
7. Name the Abhang composed by Sant Ekanath that extols the greatness of a Guru by saying that a Guru is verily a mother and a father.
a. Namacha Bazaar
b. Trividha Taapaasi Haaraka
c. Guru Matha Guru Pitha
8. What was the prank that was played by the vagabond on Sant Ekanath?
a. He stole the money from Sant Ekanath
b. He destroyed Sant Ekanath’s home
c. He spat a mouthful of Paan from a rooftop right after Sant Ekanath took his bath in
9. What was the name of the boy who was none other than Lord Krishna who served Sant
b. Kandia Krishna
10. Name the river in which Sant Ekanath performed his morning ablutions.
11. Sant Ekananth wrote a commentary on _______________ and is known as
a. Srimad Bhagavatam and Ekanathi Bhagavatam
b. Srimad Ramayana and Ambuja Ramayana
c. Srimad Bhagawad Gita and Ekanathi Bhagawad Gita
12. Name the great devotee of Lord Panduranga who was an ancestor of Sant Ekanath.
a. Sant Tukkaram
b. Sant Bhanudasar
c. Sant Jnaneshwar
13. How many years did the Lord serve Sant Ekanath?
Compiled by Ramya Srinivasan, San Jose CA
1 – b, 2 – c, 3 – a, 4 – a, 5 – b, 6 – c, 7 – c, 8 – c, 9 – b, 10 – c, 11 – a, 12 – b, 13 – b