2. What is the other name for Adhika Masa?
A. Purushottama Masa
C. Dhanur Masa
3. Once in how many months does the Adhika Masa occur?
4. Why does Adhika Masa occur?
A. To make the lunar calendar occur first before the solar calendar
B. To harmonize both lunar and solar calendar
C. To make the solar calendar occur first before the lunar calendar
5. In which calendar is the Adhika Masa added?
A. Solar Calendar
B. Lunar Calendar
C. Solar and Lunar Calendar
6. In a year, how many extra days does Solar calendar have when compared to Lunar Calendar?
7. How many days are typically there in a Lunar month ?
8. When did the Adhika Masa fall this year?
A. May15th – June 15th
B. June 15th – July 15th
C. July 15th – Aug 15th
9. The _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ Vratha is undertaken starting on the Ashada Ekadasi day.
A. Navarathri Vratha
B. Shivaratri Vratha
C. Chaturmasya Vratha
10. The Ashada Ekadasi falling in the Ashada month is special to this deity.
A. Lord Shiva
B. Lord Panduranga
C. Lord Muruga
11. The auspicious _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ falls in the month of Ashada.
A. Bhisma Ekadasi
B. Akshaya Tritiya
C. Guru Poornima
Compiled by Ramya Srinivasan,San Jose CA
1 – C, 2 – A, 3 – C, 4 – B, 5 – B, 6 – C, 7 – C, 8 – B, 9 –C , 10 – B, 11 – C