There are 108 Divya Desams – temples/abodes of Lord Narayana that have been sung by the Azhwars. Of these, 106 are on this earth, while two are beyond this world. Take this quiz to learn more about, the Divya Desam Tirumala (Tirupathi).
1. Name the deity of Tirumala who is considered as an incarnation of Lord Vishnu
A. Lord Sarangapani
B. Lord Venkateshwara
C. Lord Padmanabhaswamy
2. What is the other name for the deity of Tirupathi Divyadesam?
A. Lord of Seven Hills
B. Lord of Nine Hills
C. Lord of Eight Hills
3. In which hill peak of Tirumala is the temple located?
4. Tirumala Divyadesam is grouped under which category of Divyadesams?
A. Chola Naadu Divyadesams
B. Vada Naadu Divyadesams
C. Thondai Naadu Divyadesams
5. Name of the water tank that lies in the sacred premises of the Tirupati temple is ___________.
A. Swami Pushkarini
B. Govinda Kund
C. Narayan Sarovar
6. About how many hymns(pasurams) were composed by the Azhwars on Tirumala Divyadesam?
7. Nama the devotee of Sri Ramanujacharya who relocated from Srirangam, to serve the lord in Tirupathi
B. Manavala Maamunigal
8. Name the incarnation of Lord Vishnu whose abode was Tirumala
Compiled by Ramya Srinivasan, San Jose CA
1 – B, 2 – A, 3 – C, 4 – B, 5 – A, 6 – B, 7 – C, 8 – A