There are 108 Divya Desams – temples/abodes of Lord Narayana that have been sung by the Azhwars. This month, we will gain knowledge about Naimisharanya, a Divyadesam in Northern India, which is in fact a forest! What is interesting here though is that Lord Narayana appears here as the forest itself. Take the quiz to learn more about this Divyadesam.
1. Name the Azhwar who sang praises on Naimisharanya Divyakshetram
B. Thirumangai Azhwar
C. Thondaradipodi Azhwar
2. In which state is Naimisharanya Divyadesam located?
A. West Bengal
C. Uttar Pradesh
3. What does the term ‘Aranyam’ refer to?
4. In which river bank is Naimisharanya located?
5. Who narrated the story of Ramayana during the Ashwamedha Yagna in Naimisharanya?
B. Lava and Khush
6. What is the significance of Naimisharanya Divyadesam?
A. All Ithihasas & Puranas were narrated here
B. All incarnations of the Lord happened here
C. All the Azhwars have sung praises about this divyadesam
7. How does the Lord appear in Naimisharanya?
A. In the deity form
B. In the form of a forest
C. In the form of a boar
8. In which part of Nalayira Divya Prabandham are the praises of Naimisharanya Divyadesam found?
B. Periya Tirumozhi
Ramya Srinivasan, San Jose CA
1 – B, 2 –C, 3 –B, 4 –A, 5 – B, 6 – A, 7 – B, 8 – B