1. When did the Rajasthani miniature paintings evolve and flourish?
a. Between 16 and 17th centuries
b. Between 17th and 18th centuries
c. Between 18th and 19th centuries
2. What is the other name for Rajasthani miniature paintings?
a. Rajput paintings
b. Warli paintings
c. Gond paintings
3. Rajasthani Miniature paintings are known for their ________________.
a. Intricate brush work
b. Black and white color paintings
c. Novel paintings
4. What kind of brushes were mostly used for Rajasthani miniature painting?
a. Thick brushes
b. Thin and Fine brushes
c. Combination of thick and thin brushes
5. In addition to plant sources, Rajasthani miniature paintings used colors extracted from
c. Food items
6. What are the main themes depicted in Rajasthani miniature paintings?
a. Scenes from scriptures mainly Ramayana and Bhagavatam
b. Scenes from daily routines
c. Images of deities
7. In addition to natural colors, Rajasthani miniature paintings also use __________.
a. Acrylic colors
b. Oil colors
c. Gold and Silver
8. How is red color prepared for Rajasthani Miniature paintings?
a. Extracted from the dried fruit of peepal tree
c. Zinc Oxide
9. What does miniature painting refer to?
A. Big paintings using thick brushes
b. Small intricate paintings using fine brushes mostly done using a magnifying glass
c. Combination of thick and thin brushes to create small-sized paintings
1-b, 2-a, 3-a, 4-b, 5-a, 6-a, 7-c, 8-a, 9-b
Compiled by Ramya Srinivasan, Bay Area, CA