Starting from March 31, 2014, Ramayana will be recited/read for nine days at several temples and holy places around the world, culminating in the auspicious Rama Navami (birthday of Sri Rama) on April 8.
In commemoration of this auspicious time of the year, we have a two-part Ramayana quiz for you in our March and April issues.
1. Name the author of the original Ramayana
A. Sage Vashishta
B. Sage Valmiki
C. Sage Vishwamitra
2. What does the term ‘Ayana’ mean?
3. In which Yuga did Ramayana take place?
4. Name the river on which Ayodhya – Rama’s city – is located
5. Name the city whose name means ‘Unconquearble’:
6. What is the birth star of Lord Rama?
7. For how many years was Lord Rama ordered to go to and live in the forest?
8. Name the brother of Lord Rama who accompanied him to the forest.
9.Who was the twin brother of Lakshmana?
10. Name the Lord who incarnated as Lakshmana
A. Adi Sesha
11. What does the term ‘Sita’ refer to?
12. Who was King Janaka’s wife?
A. Sachi Devi
13. Name the son of Vayu [Wind God] and also an ardent devotee of Lord Rama
14. Name the place where Lord Rama met Hanuman
Ramya Srinivasan, San Jose, CA
1-B, 2-A, 3-B, 4-C, 5-C, 6-B, 7-B, 8-C, 9-A, 10-A, 11-A, 12-C, 13-A, 14-A