Houston Namadwaar Prayer House
Click here for location and map
Namadwaar is a prayer house where constant Nama sankirtan (chanting of the Divine Name) takes place.
The Houston Namadwaar in the USA was the first Namadwaar to be established outside India, and was inaugurated open on Feb 28, 2010 on Sri Chaitanya Mahaprabhu’s jayanthi day.
Inside the Namadwaar
- All are welcome, irrespective of religion, denomination, nationality, creed or personal philosophy.
- The Mahamantra – Hare Rama Hare Rama Rama Rama Hare Hare
Hare Krishna Hare Krishna Krishna Krishna Hare Hare – is continuously chanted inside Namadwaar and those who enter Namadwaar are also requested to join in the chanting or listen to the chanting.
- Specific prayer requests can be placed in the prayer box at the Namadwaar by anyone; prayers with Mahamantra kirtan will be conducted regularly for these requests.
- Prayers will also be conducted for complete freedom from global terrorism, for the US’s complete economic recovery, for alleviation of suffering for all from natural calamities, and for the peace and happiness of the city, state and country as a whole.
- Namadwaar also offers free prayer services at residences and hospitals on invitation.
- Regular utsavs/celebrations with devotional kirtan, Srimad Bhagavatam discourses and sampradaya bhajans are conducted at Namadwaar.
What is Namadwaar?
Namadwaar literally means, ‘The Portal of the Divine Name’. It shows a path to the Supreme Truth through Nama Sankirtan, specifically the Mahamantra,
Hare Rama Hare Rama Rama Rama Hare Hare
Hare Krishna Hare Krishna Krishna Krishna Hare Hare
The concept of Namadwaar is a worldwide initiative of Global Organization for Divinity, to strive towards Universal Peace and Harmony by bringing about inner transformation within each individual through the simple path of chanting the Divine Names. This is a way to provide material as well as spiritual upliftment to all of humanity.
A vision of Namadwaar as conceived by HH Sri Sri Muralidhara Swamiji can be read here.
Constant chanting of the Mahamantra in the same location manifests divine presence in that place and spreads positive vibrations of love, harmony and understanding not just within its precincts but everywhere around it. That is the prime reason for the establishment of Namadwaars world over. Prayers done in such precincts are undoubtedly fulfilled.
There are over 20 Namadwaars around the world. For a list of all the Namadwaars in India and other countries, click here.