GOD USA is committed to preservation and spreading the ideals outlined in the ancient Indian scriptures. In this context, a training course on “Srimad Bhagavatam” is being offered to interested devotees as a service – Bhagavatam Classes.
We are committed to preservation and spreading the ideals outlined in the ancient Indian scriptures. In this context, a training course on “Srimad Bhagavatam” is being offered to interested devotees as a service – Bhagavatam Classes.
Srimad Bhagavatam is the Supreme among the 18 Puranas. Containing 18000 verses, this great masterpiece is an essence of pure devotion from the lips of Sage Suka. King Parikshit is said to have attained Moksha after having listened Srimad Bhagavatam when he was cursed to death.
If there is one Scripture that can grant you liberation by mere reading or listening, it is verily Srimad Bhagavatam!
Veda Vyasa is the authority of the Vedas and Narada is considered the foremost in Bhakti. Written by Veda Vyasa on the advice of Sage Narada, Srimad Bhagavatam is, no doubt, the essence of the Vedas and Bhakti
Sage Vyasa had eighteen daughters each one with varied character and personality. Amongst them was one, who was graceful, beautiful, ‘saatvic’ and lovable. As a gift for anyone who wins the hand of this beautiful maiden of his, three great jewels were promised – Bhakti (devotion), Jnana (knowledge) and Vairagya (dispassion) It is only when the groom had ‘Guru Paarvai’ (the favorable positioning of planet Jupiter in the horoscope, also interpreted as Guru’s grace) can he marry this beautiful maiden called Bhagavatam.
Bhagavatam 101 is a 20-hour course on the basics of Srimad Bhagavatam, offered by GOD USA. Disciples of Sri Sri Muralidhara Swamiji, who are learned in Srimad Bhagavatam and other scirptures, teach this course. This course is taught over the medium of telephone. (teleconference sessions).
- The course will be conducted on telephone. All the enrolled members will be given a phone number to dial in and a passcode to authenticate themselves.
- The course is open to residents of the United States only. Devotion and sincerity are the only prerequisites for the course. Admission is strictly by registration. There are limited seats and will be allotted on a first-come basis.
- The medium of instruction will be English
- The course will consist of talks, reading (‘Parayana’) exercises, explanation of meanings of the verses and discussions in addition to homework.
- All the enrolled members will be provided with study material (in Sanskrit and English), which can be downloaded from our website in a secure manner.
The first 101 course was offered in October 2008. Subsequently, four similar batches were offered over the next 2 years. More than 100 students have successfully completed the Bhagavatam 101 course.
Currently the Bhagavatam 101 is not scheduled. Please enroll yourselves and you will be informed about it, when a course is scheduled.
Bhagavatam Study Circles
Regular Study circles are organized in different cities, to discuss in depth on Srimad Bhagavatam. Click here for more information.