There are 108 Divya Desams – temples/abodes of Lord Narayana that have been sung by the Azhwars. Of these, 106 are on this earth, while two are beyond this world. Those two are ThiruPaarkadal or Paarkadal (the Ocean of Milk) and Paramapadam (Vaikunta). Take this quiz to learn more about these, the Divya Desams and the Azhwars.
1. How many verses in total have been composed by all the 12 Azhwars?
2. Out of the 4000 verses how many were sung in praises of Paarkadal Divyadesam by the Azhwars?
3. The Lord in Paarkadal Divyadesam is facing which direction?
4. Does Paarkadal Divyadesam exist on the Earth?
5. In which posture is the Lord worshipped in Paarkadal Divyadesam?
6. What is the meaning of ‘Paarkadal’?
A. Milky Ocean
B. Mount Kailash
C. Mount Meru
7. Lord Narayana is worshipped in many ways. In which form is He worshipped in Paarkadal?
8. In which form is Lord Narayana worshipped in Sri Vaikuntam?
9. Name the prominent episode that took place in Paarkadal
A. Brahma Mohana Leela
B. Samudhra Mathanam
C. Maha Maham
10. Divyadesams are ________________ in number
11. What is the other name of ‘Paarkadal’ ?
B. Ksheera Sagaram
12. What does the term ‘Archa’ mean?
A. The Lord in the form of an idol
B. The Lord in Vaikunta
C. The Lord without any form
13. Which saint revived back the Nalayira Divya Prabandham?
Ramya Srinivasan San Jose, CA
1 – B, 2 – B, 3 – C, 4 – B, 5– A, 6 – A, 7 – C, 8 – A, 9 – B, 10 – A, 11 – B, 12 – A, 13 – A