There are 108 Divya Desams – temples/abodes of Lord Narayana that have been sung by the Azhwars. This month, take the quiz to learn more about one of the ancient holy cities in Northern India, Badrinath.
1. Where is Badrinath Divyadesam located?
A. Central Himalayas
B. Western Ghats
C. Nilgiri Mountains
2. Badrinath temple is kept open for ______ months in a year
3. Under which tree is Lord Badrinarayanan worshipped in this divyadesam?
A. Banyan tree
B, Jujube (Badari ) tree
4. Name the river that surrounds Badrinath temple
5. In which state is Badrinath divyadesam located?
A. Himachal Pradesh
B. Uttar Pradesh
6. Name the consort of Lord Badrinarayanan in this Divyadesam
7. Name the two Azhwars who have composed Pasurams on this Divyadesam
A. Nammazhwar and Madhurakavi Azhwar
B. Periyaazhwar and Thirumangaiazhwar
C. Thondaradipodi Azhwar and Thirupan Azhwar
8. How many pasurams have been composed on this Divyadesam?
9. Name the great Saint who re-established Badrinath temple in the ninth century.
A. Adi Shankara
B. Bhagawad Ramanuja
Ramya Srinivasan, San Jose CA
1 – A, 2 – B, 3 – B, 4 – B, 5 – C, 6 – A, 7 – B, 8 – C, 9 – A