This year Vaikunta Ekadasi, the auspicious day for Lord Mahavishnu, was celebrated on Jan 11 across the world by devotees of the Lord. On this day devotees fast all day and chant His names all day and night. Let’s see what else you know about this occasion.
1. Name the Lord whose divine abode is Vaikunta
2. What does the term ‘Ekadasi’ connote in Sanskrit?
A. The tenth day of a lunar fortnight
B. The eleventh day of a lunar fortnight
C. The twelfth day of a lunar fortnight
3. Name the serpent who acts as a coiled bed for Lord Vishnu
A. Anantha Padmanabha
B. Anantha chari
C. Anantha Sesha
4. In which temple in Srirangam is Vaikunta Ekadasi celebrated in a grand manner?
A. Lord Ranganatha
B. Lord Muruga
C. Lord Shiva
5. What is the significance of Vaikunta Ekadasi?
A. The main door to Vaikunta closes on the day of Vaikunta Ekadasi
B. The main door to Vaikunta opens on the day of Vaikunta Ekadasi
C. The lord goes to sleep on the day of Vaikunta Ekadasi
6. In which month is Vaikunta Ekadasi generally celebrated?
7. One year in Earth is equivalent to how many days in Vaikunta?
A. One Day
B. Two Days
C. Three Days
Ramya Srinivasan, Bay Area, CA
1-B, 2-B, 3-C, 4-A, 5-B, 6-B, 7-A