This month’s quiz is on the famous Vivekananda Rock Memorial located near the southernmost tip of India in Tamil Nadu.
1. In which town is Vivekananda Rock Memorial located?
2. Name the sea that surrounds Vivekananda Rock Memorial
a. Laccadive Sea
b. Andaman Sea
c. Arabian Sea
3. In which year did Vivekananda Rock Memorial came into inception?
4. About how many years did it approximately take to build the memorial?
5. How many structures are part of this memorial?
6. What are the two structures that are part of this memorial?
a. Shripada and Vivekananda Mandapam
b. Ramakrishna and Vivekananda Mandapam
c. Gandhi Mandapam and Vivekananda Mandapam
7. What is the significance of this memorial?
a. Swami Vivekananda performed meditation for two days prior to his Chicago
trip on this rock
b. Swami Vivekananda delivered a two-day lecture on this rock during his visit
to southern India
c. Swami Vivekananda used to visit Kanyakumari often.
8. The term ‘Kanyakumari’ is derived from a goddess’s name Kanya, who is considered
as an incarnation of Goddess __________________.
9. Vivekananda Memorial Mandapam is similar to _________________
a. Ramakrishna temple, Belur
b. Konark Temple
c. Udipi Temple
10. What is the other name for ‘Kanyakumari’?
a. Cape Comorin
c. Cape Town
11. The entrance of Vivekananda Rock memorial mandapam resembles the entrance of
a. Puri Jagannath Temple
b. Ajanta and Ellora Caves
c. Hampi Temple
Compiled by Ramya Srinivasan, San Jose CA
1 – b, 2 – a, 3 – c, 4 – b, 5 – b, 6 – a, 7 – a, 8 – c, 9 – a, 10 – a, 11 – b