Sharad Purnima is a very auspicious day. It is on this day Lord Krishna danced with all the Gopis and performed the ‘Raas Leela’. How much do you know about Sharad Purnima?
1. Name the Sanskrit word that refers to ‘seasons’.
2. Which season does ‘Sharad’ refer to?
3. Name the leela of Lord Krishna that was enacted on the day of Sharad Poornima
A. Rasa Leela
B. Kaliya Nardhana
C. Brahma Mohana Leela
4. In which Gitam in Srimad Bhagavatam does Sage Suka beautifully describe the Sharad season?
A. Venu Gitam
B. Bramara Gitam
C. Gopika Gitam
5. When is Sharad Poornima generally celebrated?
6. What is the other name for Sharad Poornima that signifies the celebration of moonlight?
B. Ratha Sapthami
C. Chaitra Poornima
7. It is a tradition that special pooja is performed on the day of Sharad Poornima in the Eastern part of India. Name the Goddess to whom the special pooja is performed?
8. . Sharad Poornima is popularly called by this name in the state of Gujarat.
A. Sharad Ekadasi
B. Karthika Poornima
C. Sharad Poonam
9. Name another leela of Lord Krishna that was enacted by the Lord during the Sharad season.
A. Gopi Vastraparahanam
B. Kaliya Nardanam
C. Govardhana Leela
10. In which Hindu Lunar month is Sharad Poornima generally celebrated?
Compiled by Ramya Srinivasan San Jose, CA
1 – B, 2 – C, 3 – A, 4 – A, 5 – B, 6 – A, 7 – B, 8 – C, 9 – C, 10 – C