1. In which town is Vishnu Padam located?
2. Name the river that flows in Gaya.
3. In which state in India is Vishnu Padam temple located?
4. How is Lord Vishnu worshipped in Gaya?
a. Foot impression on a rock
b. Idol of Vishnu in standing posture
c. Idol of Vishnu in reclining posture
5. How long is the Vishnu Padam?
6. What is the other name of Vishnu Padam?
7. What imprints are seen on the Vishnu Padam?
a. Lord Vishnu’s weapons
b. Lord Vishnu’s lotus
c. The Lord’s reclining pose
8. How did Gaya get its name?
a. From the river Ganga
b. From the demon named Gayasura
c. From a place called BodhGaya
9. What boon did Gayasura seek from the Lord?
a. Whoever sees him get liberated instantly
b. blessed with the boon of immortality
c. blessed with the boon of ruling the entire world
10. What did the Lord do to bestow liberation to only the eligible?
a. He revoked Gayasura’s boon
b. He ordained Gayasura to go to the netherworld by placing his foot on him. By
doing so whoever provided food to Gayasura were bestowed with liberation. Even now, people come and offer food to Gayasura for the departed souls to be liberated.
c. He made sure the boon only blessed the eligible people who were on the
path to liberation.
Compiled by Ramya Srinivasan, San Jose CA
1 – b, 2 – c, 3 – c, 4 – a, 5 – b, 6 – a, 7 – a, 8 – b, 9 – a, 10 – b