May 2 was Lord Narasimha’s jayanthi this year. Let’s test your knowledge about this unique incarnation of God.
1. What is the form of Lord Narasimha?
A. Half lion and half human
B. Human with a boar face
C. A fish
2. Narasimha was the ______ incarnation in the Dasavatar(10 avatars) of Lord Hari
3. Lord Narasimha appeared from _____
A. The ceiling of the palace
B. A pillar
C. A tree in the palace garden
4. Name the deity who gave Hiranyakashipu the boon that made him very powerful:
A. Lord Indra
B. Lord Shiva
C. Lord Brahma
5. During which part of the day did Lord Narasimha kill Hiranyakashipu?
6. Name the star in which Lord Narasimha’s incarnation took place
7. Which little boy did Lord Narasimha crown as the king of all bhaktas?
8. What name of God did this little boy chant always?
Compiled by Ramya Srinivasan, San Jose CA
1 – A, 2 – B, 3 – B, 4 – C, 5 – C, 6 – A, 7 – B, 8-A