Hanuman jayanti was celebrated on January 11, 2013 in several parts of India and the world. On this special occasion, let’s test your knowledge about this endearing, powerful and humble divine figure..
1. Name the “nama” that is being incessantly chanted by Lord Hanuman.
2. Lord Hanuman is fondly known as:
A. Monkey God
B. Snake God
C. Elephant God
3. Name the mountain that was lifted by Lord Hanuman
4. Name the devotee of Lord Rama who stayed back on earth after Rama’s departure to Vaikunta
A. Lord Uddhava
B. Lord Sugriva
C. Lord Hanuman
5. Where did Lord Hanuman meet Mother Sita
A. Ashoka Vana
6. It is believed that Lord Hanuman’s presence is sure to be when this is recited
A. Srimad Bhagavatam
B. Srimad Ramayan
7. Name the great saint who composed ‘Hanuman Chalisa’.
C. Veda Vyasa
Ramya Srinivasan, San Jose, CA
1-B, 2-A, 3-C, 4-C, 5-A, 6-B, 7-B