Raksha Bandhan or Rakhi is celebrated in different parts of India, especially northern India, around August. Let’s see how much you know about this festival.
1. The festival Raksha Bandhan is observed in India to celebrate the relationship between
a. Father and Son
b. Mother and Daughter
c. Brother and Sister
2. The term “Raksha Bandhan” signifies
a. Bond of Happiness
b. Bond of Success
c. Bond of Protection
3. What is the main event performed on the day of Raksha Bandhan?
a. Tying a holy thread around the wrist
b. Breaking butter pots
c. Bursting fire crackers.
4. Which among the following pairs are NOT associated with a Rakhi legend?
a. Krishna and Draupadi
b. Rani Karnavati and Emperor Humayun
c. King Bali and Goddess Kali
5. Name the festival that is celebrated in Tamil Nadu on the day of Raksha Bandhan
b. Avani Avittam
6. The Rakhi festival falls in the auspicious month of
7. Raksha Bandhan is celebrated in this auspicious day of
a. Full Moon
b. New Moon
c. Half Moon
8. This festival is celebrated on the day of Raksha Bandhan in Central India
a. Kajari Purnima
b. Narial Purnima
Ramya Srinivasan, San Jose, CA
1-C, 2-C, 3-A, 4-C, 5-B, 6-B, 7-A, 8-A