Tukkiri Paati, a lady devotee whose life was entirely transformed simply by the power of the Divine Name.
Please listen to Sri Ramanujamji’s discourse on Tukkiri Paati and then answer these questions: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YiqrpML9hIM
1. Name the birth town of Tukkiri Paati.
2. What was the birth name of Tukkiri Paati?
3. What was Tukkiri Paati’s nickname?
a. Govinda Paati
b. Dukka Hari Paati
c. Lakshmi Paati
4. What is the meaning of Tukkiri Patti’s nickname ‘Dukka Hari Paati’?
a. One who dispels sorrow
b. One who bestows knowledge
c. One who bestows strength
5. What was the greatest wealth possessed by Tukkiri Paati?
a. Ancestral Property
c. Divine Name (Naama)
6. Tukkiri Paati underwent many trials and tribulations and she eventually got the name ‘Tukkiri’ which means ‘unfortunate’. Fate brought her to the streets in the form of ‘Tukkiri’. How did grace changed her name from ‘Tukkiri’ to ‘Dhukka Hari’?
a. She prayed to the Lord to remove all her sufferings
b. She incessantly chanted the divine name ‘Rama’.
c. She did not like the name Tukkiri and prayed to the Lord to change her name
7. What was the incident that made everyone realize the greatness of Tukkiri Paati?
a. She helped her neighbor recover from death bed by blessing him with the divine name.
b. She helped her neighbor’s child excel in academics by blessing him with the divine name.
c. She helped her neighbor with all auspiciousness by blessing with the divine name.
8. How did she keep track of her Nama count?
a. By counting in her head
b. By putting a small mark with chandan for every 10,000 nama that she chanted
c. She never kept count of the Nama she chanted
9. By the incessant chanting of the divine names, Tukkiri Paati who was once considered
inauspicious by the villagers was transformed and later, all the villagers came running to her supplicating Paati to bless them for all their auspicious events. True or False.
1-a, 2-b, 3- b, 4-a, 5-c, 6-b, 7-a, 8-b, 9-a
Compiled by Ramya Srinivasan, San Jose, CA
Click here to go back to the April 2021 Issue newsletter page: http://godivinity.org/newsletters/nama-dwaar-newsletter-april-2021/