Gopashtami is a celebration of the Lord protecting His beloved Gopas, Gopis and cows. Here’s a quiz about this and other special days that occur this time of the year.
1. What was the name that was conferred on Lord Krishna on the day of Gopashtami?
2. What does the name “Govinda” refer to
A. Savior of cows
B. Savior of the crocodile
C. Savior of the elephant
3. Gopashtami falls on the eighth day after the ______________ festival.
C. New Year
4. ______________ Utsav was performed by Gopas and Gopis to the Govardhana Hill as a “Thanksgiving” celebration.
A. Annakoota Utsav
B. Indra Utsav
C. Madhura Utsav
5. What are the other names of Uttana Ekadasi?
A. Brindavana Ekadasi & Kaisika Ekadasi
B. Ashada Ekadasi & Vishnu Ekadasi
C. Vaikunta Ekadasi & Nirjala Ekadasi
5. Name the great devotee of the lord who culminated his year long fasting on the day of Brindavana Dwadasi
6. What time of the day does Uttana Ekadasi signify for the Devas?
A. Early morning
7. Name the divine wedding that is performed on the auspicious day of Uttana Dwadasi
A. Sita Kalyanam
B. Radha Kalyanam
C. Tulasi Kalyanam
8. The Kartika Ekadasi is celebrated in grandeur for Vittala and Rakumai at
9. The auspicious full moon day in the Karthika month is celebrated as
A. Rasa Poornima
B. Guru Poornima
C. Gaura Poornima
Ramya Srinivasan San Jose, CA
1 – C, 2 – A, 3 –B, 4 – A, 5 – A, 6 – A, 7 – C, 8 – C, 9 – A