In this quiz, we shall enjoy the eloquent, touching Sri Madhurageethams praying to Bhagavan seeking forgiveness.
1. How does Sri Swamiji refer to Lord Krishna praying to him for protection in the Sri Madhurageetham, ‘aRiyAmal pala pizhaigaL seyduviTTEn’?
a. Gajendra Varada
2. Name the Sri Madhurageetham where Sri Swamiji refers to Mudgalan and how the divine names of the Lord indeed protected him.
a. sariyAna pAdaiyil azhaitthu chelvAy
b. thappu thappu thappu en thappayellAm nAn
c. bhAva bhaktim dEhi mE shrIrAdhE
3. Name the Sri Madhurageetham, where Sri Swamiji prays to the Lord for the Guru’s upadesa.
a. eLimayAna vAzhkkai vENDum
b. guru vENDum guru vENDum
c. sadbuddhim dEhi mE kriShnA sadA
4. In this Sri Madhurageetham, Sri Swamiji cries to Lord Srinivasa to not remain quiet but to actively protect him despite his mistakes, like a mother would take care of her child.
a. Ananda vimAna nilaya
b. kripA sanudra shrInivAsA
c. thavaRuvadai pArtthum aRindum
5. In which Sri Madhurageetham does Sri Swamiji glorify Lord Srinivasa as the One who
embraces His devotees in spite of them ignoring the Lord?
a. kShaNa mAtra vAsam dEhi
b. itthunai sulabham thagAdhu unakku
c. mirE bangAraiyya svAmi
6. In which Sri Madhurageetham does Sri Swamiji pray to Lord for forgiveness and to bless him to always sing the Lord’s divine glories?
a. viTThala nAma smaraNam
b. thaTTu thaDumARi un kiTTE vara pArkkum ennai
c. pAvangaLai mannitthu aruLvAy
7. Name the Lord glorified by Sri Swamiji in the Sri Madhurageetham, ‘pAvangaLai
a. Lord Srinivasa
b. Lord Rama
c. Lord Vittala
8. In this Sri Madhurageetham, when glorifying the Lord showering grace on him, Sri Swamiji refers to Lord Krishna as the one ‘who is reclining on the snake and who is dark as the rain-bearing clouds’.
a. ennakum iRangi aruL surandanaiye
b. en AsaigaLai kETpAyO kaNNA
c. en AyuLil enDrAvadu oru nAL
9. Name the Sri Madhurageetham where Sri Swamiji submits to the Lord by praying for the divine darshan in his lifetime and also requests not to delay any further and that the Lord’s darshan is the very jewel on him.
a. en chitthatthai izhutthu niRutthiDuvAy
b. en AyuLil enDrAvadu oru nAL
c. enDrAvadu oru nAL ennai brindAvanam azhaitthiDuvAyO
10. In which Sri Madhurageetham does Sri Swamiji praise Lord Krishna for forgiving His devotees like ShishupAla, Jabali, Ajamila, Kshatrabandhu?
a. enna solli azhaitthAl varuvAnO kaNNan
b. enna seyven engu selvEn
c. ennaiyum poRutthaniyo ennaiyum sagittanaiyO
Compiled by Ramya Srinivasan, San Jose CA
1-b, 2-b, 3-a, 4-c, 5-b, 6-c, 7-c, 8-a, 9-c, 10-c