In this quiz, we shall experience the glory of Lord Panduranga from the nectarine verses in the divine Sri Madhurageethams of HH Maharanyam Sri Sri Muralidhara Swamiji.
1. In which Sri Madhurageetham does Sri Swamiji narrate the divine plays enacted by Lord Panduranga with his ardent devotees?
a. abhayamaLitthavan ingu vandAn
b. Anna viTThala anAdhi viTThala
c. jaya jaya viTThala hari
2. In this Sri Madhurageetham ‘kAsu kETkum sAmi uNDu’, what is it that Lord Panduranga likes from his devotees as told by Sri Swamiji?
3. Name the Sri Madhurageetham that has reference to this verse – ‘ammALuppriyan Ananda muraLidharan vandAn’.
a. nijja vaikuNThatthai viTTu bhU vaikuNTham vanda
b. abhayamaLitthavan ingu vandAn
c. pAhi ranga prabhO pAhi ranga prabhO
4. In this Sri Madhurageetham ‘puNDaleekanukku anDru vandu ninDrAn’, Sri Swamiji describes the beautiful countenance of Lord Panduranga. How does Sri Swamiji describe Lord Panduranga’s vastram(clothing)?
a. His clothing is Nama
b. His clothing is Kirtanam
c. His clothing is Devotion
5. In Sri Panduranga Gadhyam, which verse refers to the ‘One who becomes intoxicated by Nama Kirtan (singing of Divine Names)’?
a. nAmakIrtthana mAtrENa unmattha sthithigatha
b. samsAra sAgaramagnam mAm uddhara
c. kainkarya niyOjitha nija bhakthajana
6. In which Sri Madhurageetham does Sri Swamiji mention that Lord Panduranga gave darshan as Lord Rama to his devotee Ramadas?
a. nava jIvanam viTThala mama jIvanam
b. rangan varuginDrAn engaL rangan varuginDrAn
c. sEnAnAyi than thozhillai maRandu kIrtthanam seyya
7. Name the Sri Madhurageetham that is set to ‘dhanya dhanya hE nagara’ tune.
a. viTThala nAma smaraNam
b. viTThala viTThala pANDurangA
c. viTThal peyarAl kUDiDuvOm
8. In this Sri Madhurageetham __________, Sri Swamiji refers to Lord Panduranga as his father, mother, Sadguru and the Lord.
a. chandrabhAgA nadikkaraikkuc chenDriDuvAy-manamE
b. bhAgyOdayam mama dEvadEva
c. paNDari senDriDuvOm vArIr
9. In which Sri Madhurageetham does Sri Swamiji refer to Lord Panduranga as an incarnation of Lord Shiva?
a. pANDurangA varuvAy! pANDurangA varuvAy!
b. nija vaikuNThatthai viTTu bhU vaikuNTham vanda
c. nava jIvanam viTThala mama jIvanam
10. This Sri Madhurageetham set to brindAvana sAranga rAgam beautifully describes Lord Panduranga’s arrival amidst his devotees to drench in Namasankirtanam.
a. rangan varuginDrAn engaL rangan
b. uLLathai koLLai koLLum kaLvan ivan
c. unai anDri enakku pugaliDam Edu
11. Name the holy kshetra [place] of Lord Panduranga referred in this Sri Madhurageetham, ‘viTThal peyarAl kUDiDuvom’.
12. In which Sri Madhurageetham does Sri Swamiji proclaim that by verily reminiscing the divine names of Lord Vittala, one is freed from his ignorance (agnAna)?
a. viTThala nAma smaranam
b. viTThal viTThal viTThal enDru pADiDuvOm-nAm
c. viTThalA nI ennai kai viDalAgumO
Ramya Srinivasan, San Jose, CA
Correct Answers: 1[C], 2[C], 3[B], 4[B], 5[A], 6[C], 7[C], 8[B], 9[B], 10[A], 11[C], 12[A]
Click here to go back to the July 2022 newsletter page: