Akka Mahadevi was a great saint and a devotee of Lord Shiva.
1. Name the birth place of Akka Mahadevi.
2. In which state was Akka Mahadevi born?
3. Name the form of Lord Shiva worshipped by Akka Mahadevi.
a. Chenna Mallikarjuna
4. In which century was Akka Mahadevi born?
a. Tenth Century
b. Twelfth Century
c. Thirteenth Century
5. Akka Mahadevi was always engaged in ________________ .
a. Singing praises on Lord Shiva
b. Engaged in writing poetry on Lord Shiva
c. Both A and B
6. Name the place where Akka Mahadevi’s cave temple is located
b. Sri Sailam
7. Name the Shiva devotee who conferred the title to ‘Mahadevi’
a. Allama Prabhu
8. Who were Akka Mahadevi’s parents?
a. Nirmalshetti and Sumati
b. Jagannath Mishra and Sachi Matha
c. Mohana Panduranga and Suguna Devi
1-a, 2-b, 3-a, 4-b, 5-c, 6-b, 7-b, 8-a
Compiled by Ramya Srinivasan, San Jose , CA
Illustration by Lalitha Venkatraman, Richmond VA