We began a new quiz series based on famous temples and monuments in India from Jan’2018. month. Happy answering and learning!
The second in this series is on the world-famous Guruvayur Temple.
1. Name the state in India where Guruvayur temple is located?
c. Tamil Nadu
2. Who indeed is Lord Guruvayurappan?
b. Lord Rama
c. Lord Krishna
3. Where was Lord Guruvayurappan’s idol worshipped before it was consecrated in Guruvayur?
4. Why was the idol brought to Guruvayur from Dwaraka?
a. Dwaraka was submerged in water
b. The Lord ordained to be brought to Guruvayur
c. The residents of Dwaraka moved south so they brought the idol with them.
5. Lord Vishnu bestowed the idol of Guruvayurappan to Lord Brahma, who then passed it along to a couple. Who was the couple?
a. Manu and Shatarupa
b. King Sutapa and Prishni
c. King Uttanapada and Suniti
6. King Sutapa and Prishni were blessed with a boon that the Lord himself will be born to them in three births. What was their third birth?
a. King Dasharatha and Kousalya
b. King Kashyapa and Aditi
c. Vasudeva and Devaki
7. Who worshipped the idol until the end of Dwapra Yuga?
a. Lord Balarama
b. Lord Krishna
8. Whom does the term “Guru” in Guruvayur refer to?
c. Sage Veda Vyasa
9. Who had the idol of Guruvayurappan before Guru and Vayu received it?
10. What is the posture of the Lord in Guruvayur?
11. When Guru and Vayu were bringing the Lord, they came to a beautiful lake, Rudratheertham. They met somebody there who ordained them to consecrate the Lord there. Whom did they meet?
a. Lord Muruga
b. Lord Shiva
c. Lord Brahma
12. Lord Shiva instructed the Prachetas in Rudratheertham. What is the instruction called?
a. Brama Gitam
b. Venu Gitam
c. Rudra Gitam
13. Name the great devotee of Lord Guruvayurappan to whom the Lord appeared as a child and consoled him, when his own child died. He used to Srimad Bhagavatham in a Shiva temple which was enjoyed by Lord Shiva himself!
c. Narayana Bhattathiri
14. What does Lord Guruvayurrapan like the most?
b. Anna daana
c. Srimad Bhagavatha Parayanam
15. Name the great work of Narayana Bhattathiri that was blessed by Lord Guruvayurrapn himself.
b. Sri Krishna Karnamrutham
Who composed Jnanapaana?
c. Narayana Bhattathiri
Composed by Ramya Srinivasan, Bay Area, CA
1-b, 2-c, 3-c, 4-a, 5-b, 6-c, 7-b, 8-a, 9-b, 10-b, 11-b, 12-c, 13-b, 14-c, 15-a, 16-b