There are 108 Divya Desams – temples/abodes of Lord Narayana that have been sung by the Azhwars. This month, take the quiz to learn about Muktinath, one Divya Desam which is outside the current geographic boundary of India.
1. How many pasurams were composed by the Azhwars on Muktinath Divyadesam?
2. On which river bank is Muktinath Divyadesam located?
3. Name the sacred stone that is found near the Muktinath Divyadesam that is widely used as a symbol of worship.
4. Name the deity of Muktinath Divyadesam
A. Sri Parthasarathy
B. Sri Moorthy
C. Sri Devanathaswamy
5. In what posture is the Lord worshipped in this Divyadesam?
6. Name the two Azhwars who sang praises on Muktinath Divyadesam
A. Thondaradipodi Azhwar and Nammazhwar
B. Madhurakavi Azhwar and Thirumangai Azhwar
C. Periya Azhwar and Thirumangai Azhwar
7. In which country is Muktinath Divyadesam located?
8. What is the other name for this Divyadesam?
A. Mukti Badari Stalam
B. Mukti Gandaki Kshetram
C. Mukti Narayana Kshetram
9. Muktinath is one of the ‘Swayam Vyakta Kshetras’. What does ‘swayam vyakta’ mean?
B. Invisible to human eyes
C. Established by saints
Ramya Srinivasan, San Jose CA
1 – C, 2 – C, 3 – A, 4 – B, 5 – B, 6 – C, 7 – B, 8 – C, 9 – A