There are 108 Divya Desams – temples/abodes of Lord Narayana that have been sung by the Azhwars. This month, take the quiz to learn more about Srivilliputhur in Tamil Nadu, the kshetra where Sri Andal lived and loved Krishna.
1. Who is the deity at Srivilliputur?
A. Sri DevanathaSwamy
B. Sri Vatapatra Shaayee
C. Sri Parthasarathy
2. Name an Azhwar whose birthplace was Srivilliputur:
B. Madhurakavi Azhwar
3. How many pasurams have been composed on Srivilliputur Divyadesam?
A. 22 pasurams by Thirumangai Azhwar and Thondaradipodi Azhwar
B. 58 pasurams by Nammazhwar and Bootath Azhwar
C. 2 pasurams by Periyazhwar and Andal
4. What bird does Andal always carry?
5. What does the term ‘Kodhai’ refer to?
B. Long Hair
6. What is the other name for Srivilliputur Divyadesam?
A. Sri Rangam
B. Van Puduvai
7. Name the divine work that was composed by Andal in Srivilliputur:
8. Lord Vatapatra Shaayee in Srivilliputur reclines on __________:
A. A Banyan Leaf
B. Adi Sesha
C. A Badri tree
9. Name the important event that takes place on Aadi Pooram day in Srivilliputur:
B. Vennai Thazhi Utsav
C. Chariot Utsav
10. Name the important event that is joyfully celebrated in Southern India on the auspicious day of Aadi Pooram
A. Radha Kalyanam
B. Seetha Kalyanam
C. Andal Kalyanam
Ramya Srinivasan, San Jose CA
1 – B, 2 – C, 3 – C, 4 – B, 5 – B, 6 – B, 7 – B, 8 – A, 9 – C, 10 – C