This month’s quiz is based on the Nirmal Painting, a popular art form that originated in Telangana, India
1. Name the town in Telangana where Nirmal paintings originated?
2.The artists in the town of Nirmal are called as _______________.
3. In which century did the Nirmal Paintings come into existence?
4.Nirmal paintings evolved during the _______________ dynasty.
5. Name the material on which Nirmal paintings are mostly done.
6. What is the unique characteristic of Nirmal painting?
a.A streak of silver color on black background
b.A streak of gold color on black background
c.A streak of white color on black background
7. Nirmal paintings are generally done with _______________.
b.Colors from Vegetables, Herbs and Minerals
8. Name the coating that is first applied on the wood to remove the moisture?
a. Luppam Paint (NC Patti)
b. A paste made out of rice flour
c. Paste from gum
9. What are the other Nirmal art and craft forms?
a. Wooden toys and items
b. Wooden furniture
c. Both A and B
10. What is the wood used in Nirmal Paintings referred to?
a. Ponniki (Softwood)
b. Teak Wood
c. Beech Wood
1-b, 2-a, 3-c, 4-a, 5-c, 6-b, 7-b, 8-a, 9-c , 10-a
Compiled by Ramya Srinivasan, Bay Area, CA
Illustration by Lalitha Raman Richmond, VA