In this quiz, we shall experience the greatness of the Divine Mother from the nectarine verses in the divine Sri Madhurageethams of HH Maharanyam Sri Sri Muralidhara Swamiji.
1. In the Sri Madhurageetham ‘lalithE nijabhaktajana pAlini’, name the demon who was destroyed by Lalitha Devi (a unique story from Devi Mahatmyam).
2. How does Sri Swamiji refer Lalitha Devi in the Sri Madhurageetham, ‘lalithE nijabhaktajana pAlini’?
3. Which day is considered to be very auspicious for Lalitha Devi? On this day, the devotees of Lalitha Devi offers their worship.
4. What does Makarakundala of Lord Krishna refer to in the Sri Madhurageetham,
‘lalithE nijabhaktajana pAlini’?
a. Yoga and Sankhyam
b. Kirtanam and Shravanam
c. Archanam and Shravanam
5. Sri Swamiji extols Lalitha Devi as the sister of _____________ in the Sri Madhurageetham, ‘lalithE nijabhaktajana pAlini’.
a. Lord Rama
b. Lord Ganesha
c. Lord Krishna
6. What does the term ‘dAkshinyam’ in the Sri Madhurageetham, ‘dAkshinyam kuru mE’ refer to?
a. Compassion (Mercy)
7. Whom does Sri Swamiji refer to ‘pakShivAhana’ in the Sri Madhurageetham, ‘dAkshinyam kurumE’ ?
8. What is the name of Dakshayani that refers to auspiciousness?
9. ‘dAkshinyam kuru mE’ has connections with two great Mahatmas. Name the Mahatmas.
a. Sri Sri Chandrasekarendra Saraswathi Swamigal and Sri Ammalu Ammal
b. Sri Ammalu Ammal and Sri Alangudi Mahaperiva
c. Sri Sri Chandrasekarendra Saraswathi Swamigal and Sri Alangudi Mahaperiva
10.Name the Sri Madhurageetham where Sri Swamiji celebrates Durga, Lord Krishna’s sister completely in line with Srimad Bhagavatam.
a. Simhavaahini namosthuthe
b. Durga thunai iruppAl
c. Thaye Nan Un Seyyallavo
11. In Srimad Bhagavatam, Lord Krishna refers to 14 names of his own Yogamaya. What is the first name that Sri Krishna addressed to Yogamaya?
12. Durga Devi is ‘thribhuvana pOshini’ (omnipresent). What is the word that Sri Swamiji refers to in Sri Madhurageetham, ‘durgA thunai iruppAl’ that relates to omnipresent?
13. Durga Devi, the protector, holds weapons in her seven hands. What does the eighth hand symbolize?
a. Abhaya (Protection)
14. Name the Sri Madhurageetham where Sri Swamiji sings this song as a child crying out to its mother, Sri Radha Devi.
a. Thava Smaranam Dehi
b. Thaye Nan Un Seyyallavo
c. Radhai Therigindral
15. Name the Sri Madhurageetham where Sri Swamiji indicates the presence of Shri Radha Rani, the joy of Sri Krishna where there is selfless love, where there are high values, where there is innocence and beauty..
a. Radhai Therigindral
b. Radhe Tvameva nanu me matha:
c. Radhe Radhe Radhe Lali- Shri
Ramya Srinivasan, San Jose, CA
Correct Answers: 1[b], 2[b], 3[b], 4[a], 5[c], 6[a], 7[a], 8[b], 9[a], 10[b], 11[a], 12[b], 13[a],14[b],15[a]
Click here to go back to the Sep 2022 newsletter page: