In this quiz, we shall experience the greatness of Lord Garuda (Sri Garudazhwar) from the nectarine verses in the divine Sri Madhurageethams of HH Maharanyam Sri Sri Muralidhara Swamiji.
1. Name the birth star of Lord Garuda.
2. In which Sri Madhurageetham does Sri Swamiji mention the birth star of Lord Garuda?
a. nI pOy azhaitthy vArAy-kaNNanai
b. agaramum ugaramum magaramumAnaoru
c. abhiShEkam abhiShEkam inDru nam
3. What is the other name of Garuda as referred to by Sri Swamiji in the Sri Madhurageetham-’nI pOy azhaitthy vArAy-kaNNanai’?
4. Sri Swamiji refers to Garuda as an embodiment of Vedas (vEda svarUpanE). Name the Sri Madhurageetham which contains this reference.
a. gajEndra varadO vijayathE
b. gajEndra varadA sharanam sharanam
c. nI pOy azhaitthy vArAy-kaNNanai
5. Which of these Sri Madhurageethams is not on Lord Garuda?
a. paRandu varuginDrAn bhaktha dhurandharan
b. nI pOy azhaitthy vArAy-kaNNanai
c. agaramum ugaramum magaramumAnaoru
6. What is the meaning of ‘Vainatheya’?
a. Son of Maa Vinatha
b. One who is personification of humility
c. King of Birds
7. Name the verse in the Sri Madhurageetham where Sri Swamiji refers to Lord Garuda as the essence of the one letter pranava mantra ‘Aum’ which is a combination of three letters ’a’ akaaram, ‘u’ ukaaram and ‘ma’ makaaram, embedded in each of the feathers in his wings
a. ‘puTkaLin arasanE! puNNiya sheelanE! viDayam enDra biDatthai vilakkubavanE
b. vEdatthin amudatthai bhakthiyin pazhatthai yOgatthin poruLai sumakkum en sundaranE
c. agaramum ugaramum magaramumAna oru ezhutthin sAratthai iRagAga koNDavanE
8. What does the term ‘puTkaLin arasanE’ refer to?
a. King of Birds
b. The one who carries the Lord
c. Enemy of Snakes
9. Sri Swamiji refers to Garuda as the one who has the same Swathi star as ______ Bhagavan in the Sri Madhurageetham ‘agaramum ugaramum’?
10. What common theme does Sri Swamiji convey in the Sri Madhurageethams composed on Lord Garuda?
a. He glorifies Lord Garuda
b. He requests Lord Garuda to bring Bhagavan quickly to him.
c. A and B
1-c, 2-b, 3-b, 4-c, 5-a, 6-a, 7-c, 8-a, 9-b, 10-c
Ramya Srinivasan, San Jose, CA
Click here to go back to the January 2022 newsletter page: