We just enjoyed the season of Navaratri, a celebration of the Divine Mother Goddess in all her different forms. We have already published trivia quizzes on Durga Devi and Saraswati in earlier issues. So here is a quiz on Lakshmi Devi, the third form of the Divine Mother.
1. Goddess Lakshmi sits on a
A. White lotus
B. Pink lotus
C. White sunflower
2. The form of Lakshmi worshipped in eight manifestations of wealth and prosperity
3. An ancient form of Lakshmi is known as
4. The word ‘Lakshmi’ is derived from the Sanskrit word
5. In how many hands does Goddess Lakshmi hold a lotus bud?
6. What do the four hands of Goddess Lakshmi signify?
A. Four Seasons of the year
B. Four stages of life
C. Four goals of human life
7. The form of Goddess Lakshmi that bestows animal/cattle wealth
8. The color red in Lakshmi’s attire symbolizes
A. Remover of obstacles
B. Continuous activity
C. Wealth and prosperity
9. When is Goddess Lakshmi typically worshipped during Navratri?
A. The first 3 days
B. The second 3 days
C. The last 3 days
10. The form of Lakshmi that is worshipped to obliterate hunger
11. The sacred name of Lakshmi in Hindu scriptures
Ramya Srinivasan, San Jose, CA
1-B, 2-C, 3-C, 4-A, 5-A, 6-C,7-A, 8-B, 9-B, 10-A,11-B