We conclude the Panduranga bhakta quiz series this month with Bhanudasa, a great devotee who actually brought Panduranga back to Pandharpur. Happy learning!
1. What is the meaning of ‘Bhanudasa’
a. A devotee of wind god
b. A devotee of sun god
c. A devotee of fire god
2. What was Bhanudasa’s profession?
b. Cloth merchant
c. Gem merchant
3. What was an important incident that took place when Bhanudasa was a young boy?
a. He was kidnapped by a group of robbers
b. He ran away from home and lived in a temple deep
inside the forest, where the sun-god in the guise of a man took care of him by
providing food and water.
c. He was caught in the clutches of a lion and Lord Krishna saved him
4 How old was Bhanudasa when the above incident took place?
5. What was the great quality in Bhanudasa that helped him win the heart of his
b. Hard work
6. What happened when Bhanudasa once joined a satsang with other devotees, leaving his shop unattended?
a. The envious neighboring shopkeepers ransacked Bhanudasa’s shop, let loose Bhanudasa’s horse and drove it away from the village
b. A lot of customers came looking for Bhanudasa, and when he was not there, looted his shop.
c. Bhanudasa’s shop was filled with jewels
7. How did the Lord disguise himself in order to save Bhanudasa’s horse?
a. A farmer
b. A young boy
c. A brahmana
8. Name the brother of Krishnadeva Raya who ruled Vijayanagar and the one who came to have the darshan of Lord Panduranga.
a. Rama Raya
b. Chaitanya Raya
c. Balarama Raya
9. What did the king of Vijayanagar do as soon as he had the darshan of Lord Panduranga?
a. He built a beautiful temple and decorated Lord Panduranga beautifully with exquisite
b. He composed many abhangs glorifying the beauty of Lord Panduranga
c. He decided to take Panduranga to Vijayanagar
10. On what condition did Lord Panduranga agree to go to Vijayanagar?
a. As long as the king ruled justly and didn’t insult a sadhu
b. As long as the Lord wished to stay in Vijayanagar
c. He agreed to go to Vijayanagar and stay there for six months
11. Who decided to go and bring Panduranga back to Pandharpur from Vijayanagar?
a. Sant Ekanath
b. Sant Bhanudasa
c. Sant Tukkaram
12. Name the great devotee of Lord Panduranga who came in the lineage of Bhanudasa.
a. Sant Ekanath
b. Sant Tukkaram
c. Sant Jnaneshwar
13. How did Lord Panduraga return to Pandarpur?
a. Lord Panduranga gave a jewel to Bhanudasa. When he was arrested for its possession, the king threw him in jail without an enquiry. The Lord then appeared in the king’s vision and pointed out that he had not rules justly and insulted a sadhu, by not doing a proper investigation. Everyone realized the greatness of Bhanudasa; and Lord Panduranga left Vijayanagar and came back to Pandharpur.
b. The Lord wanted to be in the communion of his devotees and came in the dreams of the king to take him back to Pandharpur
c. Lord Panduranga stayed in Vijayanagar for six months and then came back to
14. Name the birthplace of Bhanudasa.
a. Dehu Road
Compiled by Ramya Srinivasan, San Jose CA
1 – b, 2 – b, 3 – b, 4 – c, 5 – a, 6 – a, 7 – c, 8 – a, 9 – c, 10 – a, 11 – b, 12 – a, 13 – a, 14 – c