Lord Parasurama’s jayanthi falls this month (April 24 2012). Let’s see how much you know about this avatar of Lord Vishnu.
2. Name the god who blessed Parasurama with an axe:
A. Lord Brahma
B. Lord Vishnu
C. Lord Shiva
3. Name Lord Parasurama’s father
B. Jagannath Misra
4. Parasurama’s incarnation is the ____ in Lord Vishnu’s 10 famous avatars?
5. Which region of India is known as “Parasurama Kshetra” because he reclaimed it from the sea?
A. The Konkan region along with the state of Kerala
B. The Coromandel Coast
C. The Malabar coast
6. Who was Lord Parasurama’s mother?
7. What does the term ‘Parasu’ connote?
8. When is Lord Parasurama’s birthday celebrated?
A. On the day of Tamil New Year’s day
B. On the day of Raksha Bandhan
C. On the day of Akshaya Trithiyai
9. How many generations of kshatriyas were obliterated by Lord Parasurama?
A. Twenty nine
B. Twenty one
C. Thirty one
10. What was the main purpose of Lord Parasurama’s incarnation?
A. To destroy the evil forces that were a burden to Mother Earth
B. To give knowledge and strength to people
C.To bestow people with virtue and wisdom
11.Which king did Lord Parasurama slay for stealing the Kamadhenu Cow?
A. King Duryodhana
B. King Daksha
C. King Karthaviryarjuna
12. Which mountain did Parasurama proceed to, to perform penance, in the latter part of his life?
A. Mahendra Mountain
C. Mandara Mountain
Ramya Srinivasan, San Jose, CA
1-B, 2-C, 3-A, 4-B, 5-A, 6-A, 7-B, 8-C, 9-B, 10-A, 11-C, 12-A