We conclude the Panduranga bhakta quiz series this month with Sant Jnaneshwar, a great devotee who was indeed an incarnation of the Lord himself. Happy learning!
1. What did Lord Panduranga tell Sant Jnaneshwar’s father Vitthoba to do?
a. The Lord ordained Vitthoba to embrace Sanyasa
b. The Lord ordained Vitthoba to go to Vedic School
c. The Lord ordained Vitthona to marry the daughter of a brahmin couple who will
come and meet Vitthoba the next day morning.
2. Vitthoba left his wife and went away. Where did he meet his Guru and take up sanyasa, without telling him that he had left his wife behind?
3. Name the Guru of Vitthoba who initiated him into ascetic life.
4. Where did Ramananda happen to meet Rukmini, Vitthoba’s wife?
5. What did Sant Ramananda ordain Vitthoba to do?
a. Leave Rukmini and continue in path of sanyasa
b. Go back home and become a householder again
c. Move to a different city and find a job there
6. Who were the children born Vitthoba and Rukmini
a. Nivrutti. Jnaneshwar, Sopan, Mukta Bai
b. Jnaneshwar, Charngdev, Jana Bai, Gora Kumhar
c. Eknath, Jnaneshwar, Namdev, Tukaram
7. The four children were incarnations of:
a. Shiva, Vishnu, Brahma, Durga
b. Muruga, Ganesha, Vishnu, Parvati
c. Rama, Lakshmana, Hanuman, Sita
8. While writing ‘Jnãneshwari’ (commentary on Bhagavad Gita), Jnaneshwar used to read out the commentary for each verse to the ____________ beside him and only after it nodded its head in acceptance did he proceed to the next verse!
9. Name the person who lived in the same town as Jnaneshwar and his siblings who had the ability to revive the dead.
b. Gopala das
10. Charngadeva was very proud of his yogic siddhis, especially that of being able to revive the dead. But who was the child devotee who did the same thing easily simply by chanting Vittala’s name in the dead people’s ears?
a. Mukta Bai
b. Jana Bai
c. Koma Bai
11.When an angry Charngadeva came riding on a lion to take Jnaneshwar and Mukta Bai to task, what happened?
a. Jnaneshwar went up to him and apologized for his mistake
b. Jnaneshwar made the inanimate wall that he and siblings were sitting on, to move on its own and stunned Charngadeva by riding up to him on the wall
c. Jnaneshwar fought against him
12. In which town in the state of Maharashtra is Sant Jnaneshwar’s samadhi located?
c. Dehu Road
13. Name the Hindu calendar month when Sant Jnaneshwar attained the holy feet of Lord
Compiled by Ramya Srinivasan, San Jose CA
1 – c, 2 – b, 3 – a, 4 – b, 5 – b, 6 – a, 7 – a, 8 – b, 9 – c, 10 – a, 11 – b, 12 – b, 13 – b