In this quiz, on the occasion of Sri Swamiji’s jayanthi 2022, let us reminisce the glory of our Guru Maharaj through the nectarine verses of Guru kirtans composed by Sri Swamiji’s disciples.
1. According to the kirtan “Guruji enDra sollai kettAl…”, name the weapon carried by Sri Swamiji that makes one surrender unto his Holy Feet.
A. Flute (Murali)
B. Love (Prema)
C. Lotus (Thamarai)
2. Name the kirtan where the first verse refers to ‘One who wins all the worlds and grants the desired boons’.
A. mOhanarUpanE muralidharanE
B. gururAja varya sulabha
C. paTTAna pAdham shrIgurunAthan pAdham
3. Name the kirtan where one of the verses has this meaning -’O! The jewel among men! Grant me the service to Your Holy Feet!’.
A. onDre dEivam
B. mangLAlayAya mama gurudevAya
C. gururAja varya sulabha
4. This Guru Mahima kirtan ____________ was composed by a devotee where the first word in this kirtan was given by Sri Swamiji himself.
A. mangaLAlayAya mama gurudevAya
B. muraLidhara ennum nAmam
C. nAthA nAthA gurunAthA
5. What is an apt interpretation of the term ‘mangaLAlayam’ in the song mangaLAlayAya mama gurudevAya?
A. That Sri Swamiji is a temple of all positive, glorious, auspicious virtues that have taken refuge in him
B. That Sri Swamiji lives in an auspicious abode
C. The house where Sri Swamiji was born
6. A kirtan composed by a devotee concludes with a prayer to Sri Swamiji to hold them and keep them from falling, whenever their steps slip.
A. santatam aham praNamAmi
B. hum girE hain jitnE bAr
C. praNamAmyaham shrImuraLIdharam
7. Name the sloka on Sri Swamiji composed by a devotee, that has the following meaning – ‘Meditate on the beautiful form of Sadguru Muralidharam, the One who destroys ignorance and whose darshan always pleases the devotees’.
A. prEmAmritham yO muraLIninAdai:
B. yasya smaraNamAtrENa jihvAyAm vardhate svayam
C. kalaye sundarAkAram
8. Name the kirtan in which the concluding verse glorifies Mahamantra reverberating in all the seven worlds and the devotee fondly refers to Sri Swamiji as ‘Muralidhara Maharaja’.
A. aruLkaDal alaigaLilE
B. jayamuNDu bayam illai
C. akaNDa nAmam dinamum
9. Name the kirtan that contains this verse – ‘muraLIdharA unnai muppOdhum ninaitthirukka’
B. ODamonDru selludhu
C. aruLkaDal alaigaLile
10. One is blessed with the Sadguru’s Lotus Feet/Divine Padukas as a result of merit accrued through numerous past births. Which of these kirtans by a devotee on Sri Swamiji has a line that states this?
A. vAzhi muraLIdharan
B. anbai aruLvAy
C. paTTAna pAdham
Ramya Srinivasan, San Jose, CA
1-B, 2-B, 3-C, 4-A, 5-A, 6-B, 7-C, 8-B, 9-C, 10-C
Click here to go back to the October 2022 newsletter page: