There are 108 Divya Desams – temples/abodes of Lord Narayana that have been sung by the Azhwars. This month let us learn about the Divyadesam in South India—Azhagar Koil
1.In which district of Tamil Nadu is Azhagar Divyadesam located?
2. Name the town in which Kallazhagar temple is located.
3. What does the term ‘Kallar’ in tamil refer to?
4. What is the other name for Kallazhagar deity?
A. Sundararaja Perumal
B. Varadaraja Perumal
C. Sri Parthasarathy Perumal
5. Name the consort of Kallazhagar Perumal
6. This Divyadesam is known as the _______________
A. Utthira Thirupathi
B. Dakshina Thirupathi
C. Nava Thirupathi
7. The Lord in this Divyadesam is seen with _____________
A. Panchajanyam [conch]
B. Panja Aayutham [5 weapons]
C. Gada [mace]
8. Name the holy water that flows in the Kallazhagar Divyadesam
A. Chandra Pushkarini
B. Kairavini Saras
C. Noopura Gangai
9. Name the grand festival that is celebrated by the devotees of Kallazhagar where He steps into river Vaigai on his horse
A. Vasandha festival
B. Muppala festival
C. Chithirai festival
10. How many Azhwars have sung pasurams on Kallazhagar Divyadesam?
11. About how many pasurams have been composed by the Azhwars on Kallazhagar and the surrounding hills?
12. In what form is the Lord in this Divyadesam is worshipped?
13. Name the rishi to whom Kallazhagar bestowed his darshan.
Ramya Srinivasan, San Jose CA
1 – B, 2 – A, 3 – A, 4 – A, 5 – A, 6 – B, 7 – B, 8 – C, 9 – C, 10 – B, 11 – C, 12 – B, 13 – A