August 9, 2012 is Krishna Janmashtami. Most of us are quite familiar with Sri Krishna’s childhood and youth lilas as a cowherd in Gokula and Vrindavan. For a change, here are some questions to see how much you know about the Lord’s lilas during his royal adulthood in Dwaraka. So here you go…
1. Name the king who turned into a chameleon and was later rescued by Lord Krishna.
2. What did this king give away in charity which caused an issue that eventually led to him turning into a chameleon?
A. Gold coins
3. Whose son was this king?
A. Son of Duryodhana
B. Son of Ikshvaku
C. Son of Yadu
4. Whom did Lord Krishna marry as a result of recovering the Syamantaka jewel?
A. Rukmini & Sathyabama
B. Kalindi & Satya
C. Sathyabama & Jambavati
5. Whom did Lord Krishna fight in the forest when searching for the Syamantaka jewel?
A. A Lion
6. Whom did Lord Krishna allow to keep the Syamantaka jewel, in the end?
7. Who was the son of Mother Earth whom Krishna fought to recover Indra’s valuables?
8. Name the eldest son of King Bali who gave his daughter to Lord Krishna’s grandson Aniruddha:
9.Name the daughter of Bhishmaka who was married to Lord Krishna
10.Name Lord Krishna’s childhood friend who came to meet him in Dwaraka.
Ramya Srinivasan, San Jose, CA
1-B, 2-B, 3-B, 4-C, 5-B, 6-A, 7-A, 8-A, 9-C, 10-B
Lovely! Lots of new information. Thank you Ramyaji.
THE QS SHOULD BE IN THE FORM TICK AND THEN SEE THE ANS*