It’s Thanksgiving time in the USA! But do you know gratitude is an extremely important, inherent attitude in Indian culture from time immemorial?
1. To which god is Annabhishekam performed as an appreciation for the grace that He showered for a good harvest?
2. Under Lord Krishna’s direction, the Gopas/Gopis performed Annukuta Utsav as a thanksgiving to ________
A. Lord Indra
B. Lord Shiva
C. Mount Govardhana
3. This Lord was so grateful for King Bali’s complete selfless surrender that He sent him to a most comfortable and beautiful world and Himself stood guard at King Bali’s gate.
4. How did Lord Rama express his love and gratitude to Hanuman when he came back triumphantly after locating Sita?
A. Lord Rama blessed him a ring
B. Lord Rama embraced Hanuman
C. Lord Rama blessed him with all goodness
5. How did Lord Krishna show His gratitude to his Guru, Sri Sandeepani?
A. By bringing back the sage’s son from the abode of Yama
B. By bringing back the sage’s daughter from the abode of Nagas
C. Rescuing the sage’s son from a demon
6. Which friend of Lord Krishna brought a handful of love-filled flattened rice for which the Lord showed His gratitude by showering him with untold riches?
7. Who is the devotee who called out ‘Govinda’ in time of need, and for this act Lord Krishna was so grateful that He not only saved her then, but also promised to stand by her side in every difficulty she and her family encountered.
8. How did Lord Rama show His gratitude when he came to know that Jatayu sacrificed his life in a battle with Ravana to rescue Sita?
A. By providing him with good food and shelter
B. By bestowing him with liberation
C. By being with him and treating his wounds
Ramya Srinivasan, San Jose CA
1-B, 2-C, 3-B, 4-B, 5-A, 6-A, 7-B, 8-B